Copyright © Margie Franklin
After researching work at home opportunities, a startling discovery was made. 95% of Internet Marketers don’t achieve their goals. What is the reason for this huge failure rate? Many Newbies simply don’t prepare a business plan before jumping into a home-based business. As a result these “entrepreneurs” give up before their Internet Marketing businesses begin making good money.
A well thought out business plan not only includes a description of how you will get traffic to your website and blog, but also how to turn that traffic into sales. The cliche “plan your work and work your plan” is great advice for Newbies & Veterans alike.
The following simple, but effective, “Plan of Action” will result in your work at home opportunity making more sales online and hence, becoming profitable.
1. Consider your customer’s needs first. It’s crucial to list the benefits the customer will receive as a result of using your product. While features are important, a potential buyer is more interested in the benefits. In other words, what the product will do for them.
For example: A feature of an online shopping mall is that it consists of over 1000 stores. A benefit to the customer who is shopping online for diet or weight loss products might be that there’s no possibility of running into friends or co-workers. This in turn increases their comfort level while making these purchases.
Another benefit is that customers may purchase fitness equipment from the convenience of their homes. They not only will save the extra expense of gas since they don’t have to drive to a mall, but they also won’t have to fight the crowds.
2. Avoid making the mistake of slapping the potential customer in the face with your product. Gradually, build up to asking for the sale. Remember what you felt like when someone stopped you and abruptly insisted that you buy something?
There’s a major difference in reviewing the benefits of your product with your customer first and then asking for the sale, as compared to immediately demanding that they buy your product.
Your research should have already resulted in knowing “why” customers buy specific products or services. So be sure to state those selling points up front. Don’t make the mistake many Internet Marketers do…sell, sell, sell before the time is right.
Another important factor to keep in mind is that most people surfing the net have already made a buying decision. It’s up to you to make them feel good about buying it from you instead of your competitor.
3. Knowledge is power. So do the research and find out which products have the best conversion rates and sell those. You can’t go wrong with weight loss and diet products. Of course if your passion happens to be in another product, by all means sell it. However, for long term success there are certain markets in which people will always spend money.
Weight loss and diet products sell well online every day. Golf enthusiasts also spend a small fortune trying to improve their game. Any type of information product that solves a problem is a potential gold mine.
All you have to do is look around you to see what’s in demand. Watch your TV and see what products are being advertised! Go to a bookstore and look for the top selling books.
You can also utilize your computer by viewing “Google Trends” to discover popular items that are being searched. It’s one of the best search engines in the world. The point I’m trying to make is to sell more online you need to offer products that are in demand now.
4. Provide multiple ways for your customer to pay. PayPal is a good choice because it processes payments quickly and accepts major credit cards too. However, you can also Alert Pay or personal checks, if you so desire. To sell more online you must make it easy for people to do business with you.
5. The final step in turning your dreams into reality and start selling more online is advertise your products in multiple ways. You will never make any sales without quality traffic and to do this you need a well thought out, advertising plan. Use many types of adverstising campaigns, including online and offline.
These five strategic tips for your online business will help you avoid Internet Marketing failure. By following these key points, and working hard on a consistent basis, your chances for earning top dollars as an Affiliate Marketer will greatly increase!
About the Author, Margie Franklin
Margie Franklin is the owner and webmaster of Live The Dream With Faith Home Business Opportunities. She also is a firm believer in giving back to the community. You too can join her efforts to help fund non-profit organizations and change the world by shopping online.